Are you bugged by the following questions:
- How to fix a dripping bathroom tap?
- Do we need professionals to fix leaking bathroom taps?
The answer is rather simple. Call Leaking Tap Experts. Our leaking tap experts will take a look at the severity of the damage and tell you how to go about fixing it.
Modern taps are manufactured using quality and advanced technology, but we must be prompt in getting them repaired as soon as we notice something amiss. Leaking taps are quite common at homes due to regular use, and immediate repair or Replace is important to prevent water and electricity wastage.
How to fix leaking bathroom taps?
Though plumbers have the required knowledge and experience to handle the issue, you can easily fix leaking bathroom taps by following these simple steps.
- Before you begin to fix a leaking tap, you’ll require a drain plug, a small piece of cloth, a wrench and a screwdriver. If some parts need a Replace, you must have those with you as well.
- Plug the drain and turn off all the water supply valves, as this prevents the water from hampering or even worsening the repairs. Additionally, this also ensures that no parts or screws fall down the drain as you perform the work. If you can’t reach the valve, look for the pipe below the sink and follow that until you reach the handle or knob. Turn that clockwise to turn off the water, but always check by turning on the faucet.
- Dismantle the fixture’s handle using a screwdriver, spanner and wrench depending upon its structure. These could be disk faucets, cartridge faucets, standard ball faucets and compression faucets.
- Remove the handles, nuts and screws along with the rubber washer seat. As a worn-out washer seat is often the major cause for leaking taps, you must replace the washer.
- Grease and insert the new washer.
- Finally, reassemble all the parts to bring together your bathroom tap.
Alternative, contact the leaking tap experts at Leaking Tap Experts.